Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The game of money

This is my first time writing a personal blog. Partly because I have some free time, and also partly because I wish to share the knowledge that I have about money. In the next few days I'll be posting some stuff about money, and hopefully I can keep this blog going for a while with some good posts. I'm never the kind of person to do this kind of thing -.- but owell

Basically we all need money to survive. Since young, we have all already sort of started on our financial journeys. We go to school as kids, all in preparation for the later stages of our lives when we need to earn money. What does money mean to me? For me, money is a game. Understand the game well and you will do well. Not having a clue about the game, and you'll be taken advantage of by those who do. There's this 10-90 rule in the money game. 10% of the population holds 90% of the money, 90% of the rest have the rest of the money.

But yeah people will say money can't buy happiness. Well, it certainly can't buy all the happiness that you want, but it'll make life a lot easier and convenient. You won't have to worry about your bills, medical expenses, kids' education bla bla bla. Since money is so important to us, I am astounded that schools don't give students financial education. Even up to the University level. We are not being given financial education. I bet even most of the profs don't even have it =) How are we gonna win in the game of money this way?

A lot of people will just happily work hard, save save and save, and don't take what they would call "risks". There's nothing wrong with this. In fact the past 3-4 years had been a time of doldrums for me, after 2 failed business ventures. I'm starting to think that I should play safe, work hard, save up the good old fashioned way. Even so, I do not refrain from reading educational financial books, and the more I read, the more I feel uncomfortable that I'm not doing something to grow my money. I have to start all over again somewhere, and recently, I think I've hit something incredible. Anyway, I'm not gonna claim that I have tons of financial knowledge. I'm still learning. But I can assure you that there's a fallacy about risks in investments that 90% of the population has. The more one educates oneself about money, the more he/she can reduce the risk. In fact, people who save money his/her whole life are going to end up losing the most. I view that as the most risky investment one can have. In the next few posts, I hope I can tell you why I think this way (if u wanna know).

This is not about being ambitious, or about being greedy. That's not the primary motivation. The primary motivation is to protect one's hard-earned money, and to prevent oneself from losing to the rich in the game of money. Believe me, 90% of the population loses a lot of money without knowing it.

And to end my first post: NOTE! I'm NOT in MLM! nor am I an insurance agent! Sorry to those people who're in these lines. no hard feelings :D

Cheers
Jin

6 comments:

  1. So you are operating a trust fund not a ponzi scheme? What is the minimum amount required for investment? And how much are the returns?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah....i'm not operating any schemes. Just thought of setting up a blog, that's all. the blog will be leaning towards investing in commodities and precious metals

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading through your post I was under the impression you were heading towards some get rich quick scheme haha, no offense, but yeah, me and my dad have been talking about precious metal investments as well!! Tell me more dude! Hope to learn from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nono, i dont believe in get rich quick stuff!!

    i'm new in precious metals, u all are probably more knowlegeable than me.

    haha cool man, we shld chat about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ill be wwaiting for u sypnosis layman interpretation of the metal industry and the world economy

    ReplyDelete

 
Web Statistics