Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Always Improve, Don't stay stagnant

This post is a bit personal. But I hope it gives you some insights too.
.
.
.

Am i still improving? The past 5 months had been a whirlwind of absorbing new knowledge, especially Austrian economics, politics, and history, and the investment opportunities that come along with the understanding of these topics. This blog has been one which I use to consolidate what I've learnt. While I still consider my knowledge in these areas basic at best, I am nevertheless steadfastly devoting time to study them.

However, I'm increasingly realising that I am actually being stagnant instead of progressing. I want an exponential learning curve, not one which is steep at the beginning and tapers off after that. This seems like the case to me now. Although I've been reading lots of news and watching documentaries/debates/discussions online, come to think of it, my learning curve is not going up as greatly as it was 4-5 months back.

If everything becomes easy to understand and doesn't induce me to think deeper or question, then I'm most probably just adding similar knowledge to what I already have. So I have to move on from here. It's so easy to fall into a comfort zone.

Goldsilver.com has been a big source of my reading materials. Now I'll treat it as a site for news updating instead of one which gives me new, unfamiliar knowledge. So my focus should shift a lot to reading books at a faster rate. Been a tad-bit slow in reading books recently.

.
.
.

Keep on improving! And an early Merry Christmas to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Web Statistics